Our family-owned Bowling Centers have operated since 1957 on the West Coast of Florida. Jerry Krauss, Fred Hoyer and Gilbert Baschab were New York natives who had a dream to open their own business in Florida. Jerry and Fred moved their young families to Pinellas Park and opened Sunshine Bowl with 16 lanes on December 20th, 1957. Sunshine Bowl was in operation until January of 2005 when a fire destroyed the building.
Krauss and Hoyer added two more additions, Seminole Lanes in 1976 and Sunrise Lanes (formally known as Meadowlawn Lanes) in 1980.
Seminole Lanes (60 Lanes) sits on five acres in the city of Seminole and spans from Park Boulevard to Part Street. Sunrise Lanes (32 Lanes) sits on a city block in the city of St.Pete.
Jerry has been very active in building, remodeling, and financing several bowling centers over the last 63 years. Kevin Krauss is now President of the companies and his son Cory has operated Seminole lanes since 2014.
We like to refer to centers as a place where people go to create "Lifetime Friendships!!"